Rating System 2024
Armed with the knowledge and insights that we gain from Property Academy’s Home Moving Trends Survey of between 20,000 – 30,000 buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants, we collaborate with property market data experts TwentyEA to create a set of criteria against which to measure agency performance.
Estate Agent Review Criteria
We conduct the most comprehensive review of UK estate and letting agents, using a combination of property listing data analysis and Google Reviews.
The areas we look at include:
- The percentage of new instructions each agent takes on.
- Whether their share of new instructions is growing or contracting.
- The agent’s share of sales or lets agreed.
- Whether the agent’s market share is growing or shrinking compared with others in their patch.
- Market share of exchanges or lets.
- Percentage of properties that sell or let.
- Percentage of properties withdrawn from the market.
- Percentage of property transactions that fall-through before exchange.
- Time to sell or let subject to contract.
- Time to progress to exchange or let.
- Asking price.
- Achieved price.
- Price reductions.
- Google rating level and review sentiment
In total 2,230,000 sales triggers and 1,777,000 lettings triggers were taken into consideration. This is the most comprehensive review of the property industry.
Those agencies that reached the scores required to be listed in the best estate agent guide are rated as either exceptional or excellent.
In the top 10% of estate agencies in the country. These agencies delivered the best results – selling or letting properties more quickly than their competitors, achieving the highest price asked to price achieved ratio and showing an outstanding level of customer service.
Among the top 20% of estate agency branches in the country and showing a commendable dedication to client satisfaction and results delivery.
Those agencies that achieved an exceptional rating are recognised with a gold award.
Estate & Lettings Agency of the Year
The best for sales, the best for lettings and ultimately, the best for Sales & Lettings.
The Best Estate Agent Guide provides a benchmark that the best estate agents strive to achieve. Winning the Best Letting Agent of the Year, the Best Sales Agent of the Year, or the ultimate goal – the Best Estate Agent of the Year is the pinnacle. Whilst only an elite few will ever achieve it, having it as a goal drives standards in the industry up – and that is good for all.